I enjoy music and sex, so there’s nothing better than combining the two. I like food too, but some things just have to be left out. During my third year of college I made a playlist on my iTunes titled “sexTunes,” which were essentially songs that I would enjoy listening to while I was doing the dirty. I included about 25 songs on the playlist initially, and then trimmed it down to about 10-15 after more thought was put in.
Now, you might be reading this thinking, “Yeah, I bet it’s Marvin Gaye and other sexy tunes that you hear people bang to in movies.” Not true. I included a mix of different types of music and songs with different tempos. Lyrics were not a big part of the selection process. After all, you’re not really singing along to the song while you’re trying to acquire sum.
You might be asking yourself now, “What songs were on this playlist?” Well, I’ll give you my top 10:
- “Two Step” by Dave Matthews Band – It’s a longer tune with several tempo changes, allowing time to get into a rhythm and then maybe change things up a little bit. It’s a fast-paced love tune – those are the best, but it also slows down during the middle and gets a little softer before it kicks into high gear again – and yes, I’m talking about the song.
- “Neighborhood #2 (Laika)” by Arcade Fire – I’m a sucker for loud and awesome drums that really drive the tempo of songs. It also includes male and female singers, so depending on what everyone involved likes, it’s a win-win.
- “Back Door Man” by The Doors – Jim Morrison sings “I’m a back door man.” I feel like I need to say little else.
- “Light My Fire” by The Doors – I liked these two back-to-back, because “Light My Fire” is about a sexy woman who gets you going, and what man doesn’t like that? It’s a long song that has a quick pace to it and Morrison’s voice has always been awesome, to me at least.
- “Sledgehammer” by Peter Gabriel – This song is essentially about rough sex. “I wanna be your sledgehammer!” The horns are sexy, the drums loud and the song drips with all-around dirty lines: “Show me ’round your fruit cage, ’cause I will be your honey bee!” Tell me that isn’t hot.
- “Somebody’s Baby” by Jackson Browne – If you’ve seen Fast Times at Ridgemont High then you know why I chose this song. It was played during any love scene in the movie, but it’s also just a really good song. Sure, it’s a cheesy ’80s love song, but that isn’t always a bad thing.
- “Firecracker” by Ryan Adams – The perfect upbeat short song that is ideal for something quick. I think it’s actually about a quickie: “Well everyone wants to go forever/I just wanna burn out hard and bright/I just wanna be your firecracker/Maybe be your baby tonight.” Nothing screams “quick and intense” quite like a firecracker. Plus, who doesn’t want to bang to the sound of a harmonica? Communists, probably. Ironically enough, Adams is a communist. I have no idea where I’m going with this. Next.
- “Wrapped Around Your Finger” by The Police – Five minutes of Sting’s voice singing about being wrapped around a woman’s finger. Sting doesn’t do much for me, but women love that guy. If that doesn’t get them going, I’m not sure what will. Alcohol, maybe.
- “Say Goodbye” by Dave Matthews Band – It’s about two friends who decide to throw their friendship away for a night and get it on. Everyone has friends who they’d enjoy one night with. The lyrics to this song are devilishly sexy: “Tomorrow you go back to your man/I’m back to my world/And we’re back to being friends.” Also, the flute in this song is amazing.
- “Pantala Naga Pampa” by Dave Matthews Band – It’s only 41 seconds long. Perfect. Time to sleep.
Feel free to share your favorite love-making tunes with me, or you can critique my list if you’re so inclined.
On Wednesday I’ll have a review of tomorrow night’s Radiohead concert, so if you’re not a fan then I apologize in advance. Have a good day.